Thursday, August 11, 2011

In Germany (11 Aug)


It’s been a while, I know. I’m now in Arenrath, Germany, with Nathan, Jessica, Reese, and Finn. I arrived on Saturday after a day of successful travel from Edinburgh. We’re having a good time chillaxing, going to parks, etc. It’s a nice change of pace for me.

The kids are adorable and I’m so happy I can get to know them better. Reese talks all day long and tells me about her favorite color (yellow, like her hair), feeds me plastic “cookies” from the kitchen set food, and lets me read books to her. Finn (the 5-month-old giant) is so calm and pleasant. He has the cutest smile and laugh.

Oh, and Nathan and Jessica are pretty cute too. I really enjoy being around them.

Every morning I go running on the trails through woods and fields here. It’s so beautiful! I wish I could run forever, but my legs eventually tire out. Yesterday I ran past lovely corn fields, blooming sunflower fields, and thick woods. The rolling hills are good to get me back into shape for Provo.

I also enjoy reading, and I’ve been trying to do some work every day. I am working on some editing, communicating with the team through email.

The days are easy-going and refreshing. Germany is a great place to be!

These photos are from a few of our adventures. Yesterday we went to Eifelpark, where we fed the bunnies and goats and we went on the slides. Last night I went on a walk at sunset to take photos of the lovely scenery. Today we ventured to Manderscheid Castle to take Reese’s three-year-old pictures.


A BYU girl already!

Going down the big slide with Reese

Reese's long-awaited Bumblebee ice cream prize

ICE CREAM!

Sunflower field



Queen Anne's Lace with sunset over Spengdahlem Airbase



The Arenrath church

Reese's three-year-old pictures.

View of the upper castle from the lower castle

The photo with both was a trick, obviously

Happy boy

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are having a great time with the kidlets and, of course Nate and Jesse.

    ReplyDelete