Sunday, July 10, 2011

A musical sabbath day

Today has been great! At 11, Lori and I went to an Anglican mass at Church of St. Stephen the Martyr, a small local parish. One of my purposes for being here is to understand the people better. I figure I can understand them if I go where they go. It was a special mass today because a baby was getting baptized. I had never seen a baby baptism before. The music was incredible, including three Latin pieces performed by a quartet. They were the most moving part of the mass.

Then we headed over to our Sacrament meeting. It was lovely, too. We're going to the Hyde Park Ward. There are lots of Americans in the ward . . . I can't quite figure it out (Lori and I were wondering if it's the ex-patriot ward?).  But I think they maybe have organized a ward for the people that move here temporarily and for visitors.

Anyway, at night we went to a fireside at the chapel - the Utah Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra is here! Funny. They did a lovely job.

No comments:

Post a Comment