Saturday, July 9, 2011

I love to see the temple (9 July)

Today was beautiful and low key. I had an excellent workout with Chrisse this morning and I even got to work for about 3 hours. I finally got some things done!

Then at 11:45 I headed out to go to the temple. I was pretty proud of us . . . we're really learning how to get around the city. The London Temple isn't actually in London. It's more out in the country. So first we had to take the tube to the train station, buy our tickets, hop on the train for nearly an hour, get off, get a taxi, and walaah - we're at the temple.

With Laura at Victoria Station, waiting for our train
Waiting for our taxi. I felt like it was sister missionary transfers!


We actually arrived early, so we had some time to mill around the beautiful grounds. I went on a little walk all by myself through the woods on the grounds and it was so peaceful.

I loved seeing those words, "Holiness to the Lord" above the temple doorway. Something that's holy is consecrated for a sacred purpose. The work in the temple is consecrated to God, and the work helps us to consecrate ourselves to God.

I really enjoyed my time at the temple. I especially liked experiencing a piece of the sacrifice some people make to journey to the temple. Two hours and 15 pounds was not a bad price for us to get there, but it was more than the Provo drive-up-the-street. I'm so thankful for the temple.



The trip home went smoothly and when walking back to our flat, some of us stopped at an Indian restaurant. The international food here is very authentic because London is so multicultural. It was good food and we had a great time. Now here I am, typing away, and very excited for the Sabbath day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment